7.1.12

Patrick Michael Fitzgerald


Patrick Michael Fitzgerald  Tree (andratx)   2009


“My working process is quite organic and I like the materiality and directness of painting. Each painting is a kind of entity or body; they are layered and grow in unexpected ways; they are meshed and woven together using different painterly components, small gestures and marks, threads and lines, swathes and bands. I like the idea of cultivation and gardens and the paintings often refer to these directly or indirectly. Obviously, colour, light and form are essential elements in my work but also the qualities of surface, tactility and touch are very important too. I have come to understand that painting is as much about energy as anything else, nothing is really solid and finally formed.”
                                                                Patrick Michael Fitzgerald    
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment